Page style questions

xahodo

Page style questions

Post by xahodo »

I wish to achieve a default page style.

For my purposes I need every page to have 1 inch margins. Also, the first page should not have a heading or a page count (I want to work on a manuscript), but the rest should.

How do I achieve this in Textmaker? In LibreOffice I simply set a page style for the first page and all other pages, and I'm done with it.

I noticed that Textmaker does not have page styles. It only has paragraph and character styles, both of which are not very helpful in this situation, I think.
Woody44

Re: Page style questions

Post by Woody44 »

TextMaker does have page styles, but it's not called that. have you explored Master pages?

https://help.softmaker.com/textmaker2024/en/

Having formatted numerous books using Microsoft Word and TextMaker, I have to say that the way LibreOffice Writer handles page styles is unusable. It's much easier in TextMaker.

Assuming you are using the default ribbon style menu, go to the Layout tab. Click "Page Margins" on the left side of the panel, then go to the bottom of the drop-down menu and click "More."

This brings you to the Page Setup dialogue. The left-hand tab is where you set the page size and the margins. Note that there is a check box for if you want mirrored left and right pages.

Now click on the "Chapter" tab. You should see check boxes for if you want different left and right pages (this should be checked if the header will be different on left and right pages), and another check box for "Different first page." If you check "Different first page," it means the first page of the document or of any chapter can have a different header from the following pages. And "different" can mean "No header."

That's what we use to format books, and it's light years easier than the convoluted process needed in LibreOffice Writer.

Return to “TextMaker NX and 2024 for Linux”