Slow and laggy

euphonious81

Slow and laggy

Post by euphonious81 »

I've tried Textmaker on 2 separate systems running KDE Neon. Unfortunately it is laggy and freezes up. This is also the case after disabling OpenGL
lgsl

Re: Slow and laggy

Post by lgsl »

Yes. I reported this in the beta. Is specially evident in really long documents, where cpu can go up to 100% when simply typing or editing something. I was told that the Dev team would take a look at it.
LM2014

Post by LM2014 »

Hello. Does anyone have a fix for this issue "Slow and Laggy"?
We are working on a document, a table, that is 89 pages long, and has about 49000 words in it.

When we open it in MS Word (in a Virtualbox XP guest machine) we have no problem with "lag".
I was wanting to migrate to Textmaker in native LinuxMint instead of Word / VM.

But it is very slow to respond to typing when entering text at the top of the table, where we do most of our work.
If I enter text at the bottom of the table, there is no noticeable lag.

Same problem on both of two computers.

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
lgsl

Post by lgsl »

I have noticed similar behavior with long documents since a few years ago. TM can be laggy when editing an existing document. The far you are from the end of the document the laggy it gets. I have reported this issue and some little fix has been done to improve it. I suppose there is more noticeable when tables are involved. I imagine this has to do with the way TM renders the document. You could share this document or a similar one with the devs so they can try to improve TM's responsiveness in this situations

Return to “TextMaker NX and 2024 for Linux”