Hidden first column

keithm

Hidden first column

Post by keithm »

Hi, I am tearing my hair out, trying to show a first column A which is hidden because I don't need to see it, it is there as part of a formula which needs the first column to contain... Well, its hidden and I want it to be visible.
I have read the manual, searched the net, and only found ways to retrieve it in Excel, which don't work in Textmaker.
I am sure I remember this being talked about before, but nothing I search for in the forum is giving me any help.
I have 'gone to' A1, Worksheet, column, show, but nothing happens.
Help!
Keith M
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Hidden first column

Post by Jossi »

If you are really talking about TextMaker (not PlanMaker): Unfortunately, parts of a table (columns or lines) cannot be hidden in TextMaker, they are always visible.
keithm

Post by keithm »

Thanks, that shows how frustrated I have become, of course I am working in Planmaker and should have used that, not Textmaker!
Keith M
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

It's very simple and easy in PlanMaker, just click on the inverted triangle which is on the top of the hidden column as shown in the below screen recording:
Unhide column.gif
keithm

Post by keithm »

Thanks Supertech, that works fine on columns between columns, but when I click on the 'half' triangle to the left of what is my column B, the triangle disappears, but the column A does not appear!
The 'half' triangle reappears if I close and reopen the sheet.
Keith M
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

That's strange, as in this screen recording, I unhide the first column only.

Please share the file in which you are getting this problem.

If your file is private, please send it to forum[at]softmaker.com with the link of this post.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing the problematic file. I have checked it and found that the first column "A" is not hidden, but it's frozen in your file.

To unfreeze it, please click on ribbon command View | group Windows | disable on freeze cell button by clicking on it, then you will be able to scroll left to see the first column "A".
keithm

Post by keithm »

Brilliant. Worked like a dream, easy when you know how isn't it?
Keith M

Return to “PlanMaker NX and 2024 for Windows”