Hyphenation options

caspar4

Hyphenation options

Post by caspar4 »

When I set hyphenation for "every 2 lines", TM keeps defaulting back to "None" (no hyphenations."
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Hyphenation options

Post by Jossi »

Did you change the hyphenation for the current document and want it as standard for all new documents? In this case, you must open the document template "Normal.tmvx", change hyphenation and save it again.
caspar4

Post by caspar4 »

Jossi:
This looks good. I will try it.

So I had to edit the "normal.tmvx". Is that necessary for most program wide changes to document settings like hyphenation?
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi »

It is necessary if you want to make a change permanent, i.e. working for all future documents. Changes in the current document affect this document only, not the future ones.

Every TextMaker document is based on a document template. If you don't choose one by yourself when creating a new document, TextMaker chooses automatically a standard template. By default, this is Normal.tmvx (you can make a different document template the standard template, but this is another question). So every new document “inherits” the properties of the document template used. So it is by changing options in the document template that you are able to define the properties of every new document in the future. Only make sure to save the changed document template as a template (*.tmvx), not as a document (*.tmdx).
caspar4

Post by caspar4 »

Jossi:
Greatly appreciated.

Return to “TextMaker NX and 2024 for Windows”