Reading comprehension statistics?

Woody44

Reading comprehension statistics?

Post by Woody44 »

In an authors' forum to which I belong, a discussion began today about using computer tools to assess the level of reading comprehension difficulty for written works. There are several different scales that are used for this, such as Flesch or Flesch-Kincaid. It was mentioned that Microsoft Word has a built-in tool that measures documents against two of these scales. OpenOffice apparently does not include such tools.

Does TextMaker include any tools for rating the level of reading difficulty of documents? If so, how do I access them (from the classic menu, please). If not, can this be added to the wish list for a future update of for the next version?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Reading comprehension statistics?

Post by SuperTech »

Thank you for your post, but currently we don't have this feature. I have forwarded it as an improvement suggestion.
Woody44

Re: Reading comprehension statistics?

Post by Woody44 »

Just a note to add a request for this feature. In the U.S., especially if creating documents for the government (federal or state), often there is a requirement for the document to be written to a specified Flesch or Flesch-Kincaid reading level. Having the ability to check this directly from within TextMaker would be a tremendous help.

Return to “TextMaker NX and 2024 for Windows”