Mouse Triggers TM’s Status Bar Page Display and Zoom

RKanarek

Mouse Triggers TM’s Status Bar Page Display and Zoom

Post by RKanarek »

Greetings,

If I move the mouse pointer over the page zoom part of TextMaker’s status bar, I will likely zoom the page even though I am not pushing any of my pointer’s buttons.

If Windows’ task bar appears (I have it set to auto-hide), and I click on something that happens to be over one of TextMaker’s status bar’s page display buttons, I might change the page display even though I am not clicking on any part of TextMaker.

I’m pretty sure the zoom issue isn’t new to TM 2024 Pro on Windoze 10, both of which I’m using at the moment.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Mouse Triggers TM’s Status Bar Page Display and Zoom

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your post, but we are unable to reproduce this problem. It seems some problem with your mouse driver or hardware.

Please reinstall your mouse driver and if required try with any other mouse.
RKanarek

Post by RKanarek »

Dear SuperTech,

Thanks for your quick reply. While no one can question your super'ness, I must confess that I find your advice less super. Admittedly, my primary problem with it is that it would require me to add things to my todo list, which is already overflowing. I'm also not sure that I would be able to do them (see item "b."). Regarding your advice:

a. Considering how many irreplaceable hours of my life I've already lost getting my new Windoze 10 computer working and slightly decrapified (oh, where is Hercules with a river or two when you need him!), I'd sooner go back to using WordStar 4 then screw around with my computer's innards yet again.

b. TextMaker currently misbehaves with all the three pointing devices I use with my computer. These include the computer's built-in touch pad I use when my new Logitech Ergo M575 has problems connecting, the Nakabayashi Digio2 Bluetooth trackball I use with my computer when its at work, and my new Logitech "Logi" Ergo M575 (which I use via its [dreadful] Bluetooth mode). Needless to say that they all have the same issue with TM Pro, and, having installed no drivers for any of them, uninstalling/reinstalling drivers would clearly be difficult.

c. I *think* that TM Pro 2021 was also doing this same thing on my entirely different Windows 7 Pro laptop, but it is in for repairs. I used a different Logitech (non-Bluetooth wireless) trackball with it. If my computer is successfully repaired, I will conduct further research.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thank you for sharing the further details, but it's hard to start the diagnosis of this problem because we never heard of it, no other customer reported something like that for any version.

Please reboot your computer in safe mode and check there if you are able to reproduce this problem or not.

Please also check if you are getting this problem with any other application or not.

Return to “TextMaker NX and 2024 for Windows”