Cut-and-Past Pictures Still Do Not Respect Default Settings

RKanarek

Cut-and-Past Pictures Still Do Not Respect Default Settings

Post by RKanarek »

Greetings,

Problem:
A picture inserted into a TextMaker document via the “New Picture” command (which loads a picture file into a document) results in the picture being inserted in accordance with my “Default” settings. A picture inserted into a document via “Paste Special” → “DIB picture” is inserted without regard to my default settings.

For example, even though my default settings are for Object → Layout → Wrap Margins of 0 in every direction (so that a picture should occupy the full width between the left and right margins), the picture is actually pasted with “0.13” inch margins, with the result that it is neither as large as it could be, it is off-center, and, correspondingly, it does not occupy the full width of the page. Of course, other defaults are ignored as well.

I’m sure I reported this issue many years ago, but I can’t verify my belief as the forum posts only go back as far as TextMaker 2018. Over the years I must have manually corrected thousands of picture. I’m getting older; my biological clock is running down; my remaining minutes are becoming ever more valuable. Will you folks not consider correcting the problem? ;-)

Kind regards,
Richard Kanarek

P.S. If you folks were as OCD as Germans are supposed to be -- or as I am -- both SMO and this forum wouldn't mark TextMaker and SoftMaker as misspelled. ;-)
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Cut-and-Past Pictures Still Do Not Respect Default Settings

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your post. This is because when you insert a picture from insert picture button, it's inserted as a frame and follow the default settings for the same. But when you paste spacial a image as DIB picture, it's pasted as embedded image/text, that's why it doesn't follow the default settings.

The default settings are for picture frame.
RKanarek

Post by RKanarek »

Dear ST,

Thanks for the reply!

When I inserted the picture from a file, I used the Object → New Picture command, which I accessed from the classic menu system (no buttons were involved). When I right-click on the picture (see the attached screen capture), I am given the opportunity to “Convert (it) to (an) Object Frame,” which suggests that the picture is an (embedded) picture and not an object frame. When I paste a picture as a “DIB picture,” I am given the same option to convert it to an object frame, suggesting that the pasted picture is also an embedded picture.

a. It would seem, therefore, that the default picture object settings are being applied to pictures imported/embedded via “New Pictures,” but not those imported/embedded as pasted pictures even though both picture insertions result in an embedded picture.

b. There is an ability to “Set as Default” changes made to pictures that were pasted, however changes made and saved as defaults don’t actually change how future pasted pictures are handled.

c. Feature Request: if there is a default setting for something/anything, it would be swell if the default was configurable.

Cordially,
RK
Attachments
TM inserts New Picture as a Picture, not a Pic in a Frame.png
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing further details. I have forwarded it to our developer team for further investigation.

Return to “TextMaker NX and 2024 for Windows”