SMO 2024 text unreadable on Windows 11

Post here topics for SoftMaker Office NX and 2024 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
joredor

SMO 2024 text unreadable on Windows 11

Post by joredor »

I just installed SoftMaker Office 2024 on a Windows 11 system. After entering the license key, the Welcome document opened, and this is what it looks like on my screen:

As you can see, the menu items are almost completely illegible, and the text in the document is faint and hard to read. The text in the menu bar at top left seems to have doubled over itself.

Now compare that image to the following screenshot from SoftMaker 2021 on the same computer:

Here, everything looks normal and perfectly legible.

Is there a setting I need to change in the 2024 version to make the menus and text easier to read? I've done nothing with the software yet, except to install it and to select the user interface. (Other interface selections, including ribbon vs. no ribbon, looked just as bad.)

Thank you very much.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: SMO 2024 text unreadable on Windows 11

Post by SuperTech »

Thank you for posting your issue. Please restart SoftMaker Office 2024 and let us know if the interface is still defective, or it was one time problem only?
joredor

Re: SMO 2024 text unreadable on Windows 11

Post by joredor »

Thank you, I did restart TextMaker and the visuals were fine then. Not sure what could cause them to look so strange on first launch.

Return to “SoftMaker Office NX and 2024 for Windows (General)”