Softmaker Office, Used Key too many times

Post here topics for SoftMaker Office NX and 2024 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
linuxdancer

Softmaker Office, Used Key too many times

Post by linuxdancer »

Hi,

I have been a long time user of Softmaker Office and enjoyed it. However I opened up Textmaker yesterday only to be greeted with a prompt that I have used the license key too many times. Which is strange because the last time I used it was about a month ago when I installed it on the PC. Over the course of the years, yes I have installed it on both Linux and Windows PC's but these have all been my machines.

Over 24 hours ago I sent an email to Customer Support and have not seen a reply. And no I do not want to use this in trial mode. My license is suppose to be valid till 2027!

I did recently update my email to my most current one, so not sure if that has effected this, in my opinion it shouldn't.

Is there anyway to escalate this? I don't want to have to switch to another product, but this is very frustrating as I use it every day.

Thanks for reading.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Softmaker Office, Used Key too many times

Post by martin-k »

I have reset your key.

Please note that you have really activated a LOT of times. When you try out Linux distributions, it is better to use SoftMaker Office in trial mode first before wasting an install on a distro you are going to delete anyway.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
linuxdancer

Post by linuxdancer »

Hmmm, Maybe this should be mentioned BEFORE you buy the product that you only have a limited amount of activation's. I don't recall ever seeing that when purchased, but maybe that has changed.

Please define a lot. At least I can keep track of how many times I have activated.

Per you answer: "When you try out Linux distributions, it is better to use SoftMaker Office in trial mode first before wasting an install on a distro you are going to delete anyway."

Many times you don't know that the distro is not going to work out for you, so it gets deleted after you activated.

I will be honest that this leaves me with a negative feeling about the product. However I'm not using Linux any more so will most likely be less of an issue.

Regardless, thank you for resetting it.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

You may legally install (as a home user) on five PCs, but we give you many times that in technical activations, and reinstalls in the same distribution don't even eat up any activation slots. When you run out of activations, just ask for a reset and we will do that.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “SoftMaker Office NX and 2024 for Windows (General)”