SmartChat is greyed out

Post here topics for SoftMaker Office NX and 2024 for Windows that do not fit in any of the application-specific subforums.
Photon440

SmartChat is greyed out

Post by Photon440 »

Using TextMaker Professional 2024 (rev S1210.0217) 64bit, I see the "SmartChat" option under "Tools", but am unable to access any of the options on the right hand side; they are all greyed out.

I've tried closing the program and re-inserting the license key to no avail. Am I overlooking something simple?

Thanks for any help, and here's what my screen shot looks like:
Attachments
Clipboard02.jpg
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: SmartChat is greyed out

Post by SuperTech »

Thank you for posting your problem with the screenshot.

As SoftMaker have to pay for use of DeepL and ChatGPT(SmartChat) on an ongoing basis, these features are only available with a subscription to SoftMaker NX Universal. For complete detailed comparison, please check here.
Photon440

Post by Photon440 »

Thanks for your quick reply. I hadn't realized that it was an extra cost subscription option.
I was led by the description in SoftMaker Office (Overview / TextMaker) that Textmaker came with Artificial Intelligence with ChatGTP already built in.
"Employ artificial intelligence for your documents

TextMaker is the first word processor with artificial intelligence (AI) built in.

Just leave the text composition to ChatGPT's AI. It summarizes long texts intelligently, improves your writing style and grammar usage, and even writes entire texts based on your ideas
."

From this link: https://www.softmaker.com/en/products/s ... /textmaker

That was my sole reason for upgrading from the 2021 version. I guess I still don't have that function.
Photon440

Post by Photon440 »

Also, on the same note, is it a licensing issue that causes the Thesaurus to be greyed out as well?
Thanks.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Photon440 wrote: Fri May 24, 2024 10:26 pmEmploy artificial intelligence for your documents

TextMaker is the first word processor with artificial intelligence (AI) built in.

Just leave the text composition to ChatGPT's AI. It summarizes long texts intelligently, improves your writing style and grammar usage, and even writes entire texts based on your ideas
.”

From this link: https://www.softmaker.com/en/products/s ... /textmaker
That's correct, this is a feature of our latest TextMaker, but it's in NX Universal only, which is explained in the comparison chart shared before.

As I explained above and mentioned on our website also, these features have recurring cost to us, that's why practically it's not possible to include these in one time purchase edition. I hope you can understand this.

Please don't worry, you made the right decision by upgrading your SoftMaker Office. :thumbsup:
Photon440 wrote: Sat May 25, 2024 6:40 am Also, on the same note, is it a licensing issue that causes the Thesaurus to be greyed out as well?
No, that was a bug and fixed in next service pack.

Return to “SoftMaker Office NX and 2024 for Windows (General)”