Application hangs when changing font over multiple lines

MatPDT1972

Application hangs when changing font over multiple lines

Post by MatPDT1972 »

Hello,

I have had this happen a few times now, where I used the mouse to highlight multiple lines of text (usually 6 or more) and then select a different font to change the text to. As soon as I click on the font name Textmaker hangs completely and then I have to close the process down.

The CPU usage is only at approx. 10% within Textmaker NX itself when hanged, with other system processes only pushing up to 50% in total, so the CPU is not taxed to maximum.

Cheers!

/Mat.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Application hangs when changing font over multiple lines

Post by miguel-c »

1. Could you please send us a test file where the issue occurs and some steps for me to be able to reproduce it?
Example:
1. Open the file
2. Go to page 2
3. Select lines 6 to 12
4. Change the font from Times to Arial
5. Crash occurs

2. Also, please also send us the following output.txt file:
2.1. Open a terminal and run "TextMaker24 -debug"
2.2. Send us the file /home/user/SoftMaker/tmlog.txt
2.3. optional (more detailed): strace -f textmaker24 2>output.txt
MatPDT1972

Re: Application hangs when changing font over multiple lines

Post by MatPDT1972 »

Hi miguel-c,

My apologies for the long delay in responding, it has been busy here in the holiday season.

I did retry this same action many times after, in the same document and others without any problem at all - so I think it must have been a one-off glitch and not something that is fundamentally wrong with the program.

If I get it again I will re-post, but I have been using TextMaker NX on a regular basis and have since had no problems at all - which is why I have not needed to post any more bug reports, apart from that one-off incident I have found operation to be very stable for me.

Cheers,

/Mat.

Return to “BETA TextMaker 2024 for Linux”