Search is unreliable

mbb

Search is unreliable

Post by mbb »

Hi!

I just found out the search feature of Textmaker NX isn't reliable. It often reports not finding text which is present on the document.

I attach a video recording showing this bug. This behaviour is not seen in Textmaker 2021.

Thanks,
Attachments
Textmaker-2023-04-28_11.58.46.mp4
(2.63 MiB) Downloaded 126 times
mbb

Re: Search is unreliable

Post by mbb »

After a second test, I can see it finds all occurrences, but it doesn't cycle through all of them if "search" is continually pressed. That is, all occurrences appear below the button "search" and any one of them can be selected from that list, but pressing the "search" button repeatedly skips some of them.
lgsl

Post by lgsl »

I have noticed this behavior too. Is specially common with long documents. It also affects Search and Replace.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem with screen recording, but we are unable to reproduce this problem. Please share the document in which you are getting this problem with search keyword so that we can check it at our end.

If your document is private, please send it to forum[at]softmaker.com with the link of this post.
mbb

Post by mbb »

Ok, I found a file I can send, where this happens. I will also attach a video showing this behaviour in that file.
Attachments
Textmaker-2023-05-02_17.06.21.mp4
(855.17 KiB) Downloaded 115 times
Font-test.odt
(7.48 KiB) Downloaded 123 times
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

mbb wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:34 pm After a second test, I can see it finds all occurrences, but it doesn't cycle through all of them if "search" is continually pressed.
Thanks for sharing screen recording and the sample document. I am able to reproduce this problem and forwarded the details to our developer team.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Our developer team has fixed this issue and the solution will be included in the next update of the beta version.

Return to “BETA TextMaker 2024 for Linux”