Spanish (Modern) dictionary not installed by default alongside other dictionaries of the same language

Goghard

Spanish (Modern) dictionary not installed by default alongside other dictionaries of the same language

Post by Goghard »

I installed TextMaker in English, but I am a bilingual English-Spanish user. Today, I received a document in Spanish from a colleague, and the software asked to install Spanish dictionaries, as intended. Then, I noticed that all the words in the document were underlined in red. I checked in Options, and noticed that Spanish (Modern)—the language my colleague chose—was not installed. Installing it solved the problem, but I would suggest that Spanish (Modern) were installed by default alongside the other dictionaries of the same language.

P. S.: I just noticed that the same issue happens for Spanish (Traditional)
raitis.veksejs
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Spanish (Modern) dictionary not installed by default alongside other dictionaries of the same language

Post by raitis.veksejs »

If you would install SoftMaker Office with the Spanish language selected then the default proofreading language would be Spanish. You can also configure your SoftMaker Office as you want through settings. SoftMaker Office languages are to be selected according to the settings in the user documents.

Return to “BETA TextMaker 2024 for Linux”