Scaling of individual window elements and absence of icon on Xfce panel

Alex from the '90s

Scaling of individual window elements and absence of icon on Xfce panel

Post by Alex from the '90s »

First of all, I want to thank developers for adding function of importing/exporting software settings - in my opinion, one of the most important missing features in many office packages!

During testing in Simply Linux (Alt Linux) I found an inconsistency between scaling of some elements of windows in PlanMaker and Presentations with selected appearance settings as shown in the screenshots (highlighted in green):

pm1.png
pr1.png

In appearance settings touch mode and custom DPI (144) are selected, size of user interface is increased. It looks like highlighted fragments are not scaled at all. I also noticed that in desktop-file icon is set in non standard way - as "application-x-tmlnx" (for TextMaker). Maybe this leads to absence of icon of running program on Xfce panel (only frame is shown) despite fact that icon is displayed in Xfce applications menu?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Scaling of individual window elements and absence of icon on Xfce panel

Post by SuperTech »

Alex from the '90s wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:11 pm In appearance settings touch mode and custom DPI (144) are selected, size of user interface is increased. It looks like highlighted fragments are not scaled at all.
Thanks for your post. Please let us know which elements you think are not scaled?
Alex from the '90s wrote: Sun Jun 11, 2023 3:11 pm I also noticed that in desktop-file icon is set in non standard way - as "application-x-tmlnx" (for TextMaker). Maybe this leads to absence of icon of running program on Xfce panel (only frame is shown) despite fact that icon is displayed in Xfce applications menu?
I have forwarded the details to our developer team for this problem.

Return to “BETA SoftMaker Office 2024 for Linux (general)”