Installation failed

petermross

Installation failed

Post by petermross »

I had an Office Professional 2021 licence. I downloaded the beta (nx-1107) successfully and started textmakernx and entered the product key given in the email and got this:
An internal error (-105) occurred. Please try again later.
If this problem persists, please contact SoftMaker customer support.
I did try two or three more times, with the same negative result.

The announcement of the beta suggested that people with an NX key should find that the NX key works. So, I converted from Office Professional 2021 to an NX licence, and got a new key, and successfully changed my existing key to that new key in the existing version of Office. However, the NX key I got does not work with the beta ("..for a different product"). I also tried re-downloading the beta, and got another key with that, and that key didn't work either -- same error message.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Installation failed

Post by martin-k »

1. The report about the product key was an important discovery. Product keys that have been converted from permanent license starting mid-December did not have the correct settings to include the new NX version. This has been fixed.

2. About error -105, this is a problem of file access permissions. Uninstall the beta, delete the folder /etc/SoftMaker and install the beta again. Does this fix the problem?
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
tlmiller

Post by tlmiller »

What distro are you installing this on? I got this error at first when attempting to update the AUR package for the beta to install that way, but have since fixed it so that I have a working AUR package for the beta just in case you prefer AUR over the install script and are running Arch.
Smilodog

Post by Smilodog »

In a parallel thread "Activation code doesn't work", the same problem was invoked.

It appears that installing Office system-wide (not user-only) allows to avoid this activation problem.
petermross

Post by petermross »

As the OP, apologies for the delay in following this up. Thanks for the suggestions: I am running Arch Linux, specifically 'uname -a' reports:
6.2.9-arch1-1 #1 SMP PREEMPT_DYNAMIC Thu, 30 Mar 2023 14:51:14 +0000 x86_64 GNU/Linux

Regarding this suggestion from martin_k:
2. About error -105, this is a problem of file access permissions. Uninstall the beta, delete the folder /etc/SoftMaker and install the beta again. Does this fix the problem?
that didn't fix the problem. I had installed just for myself, rather than system-wide (although I'm the sole user). I deleted the installation, but there was no /etc/Softmaker folder; I re-installed (still no /etc/Softmaker) and I still got the same error when trying to enter the product key.

I then deleted the installation and re-installed system-wide, as suggested by Smilodog -- success! The product key was accepted.

Return to “BETA SoftMaker Office 2024 for Linux (general)”