Cross references

naturalist

Cross references

Post by naturalist »

TextMaker is fast and responsive on my Intel Mac, but when try to enter a Cross Reference (in my Dutch version 'Kruisverwijzing') an empty window is displayed. The list Type, at the upper left, and Display (Weergeven) at the lower left, show several items, but no combination of choices triggers anything in the Target window (Doel). Cross References are ideal to insert links in dynamically numbered lists. Adding a new item to the list corrects the numbering automatically, while the links remain working correctly, at least in the word processors of the competition.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Cross references

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your post, but we are unable to reproduce this problem. Please share a sample file in which you are getting this problem, and also let us know what type of cross-reference you are trying to add.
naturalist

Post by naturalist »

Numbered lists are common practice in scientific manuscripts. When a line is added, all numbers automatically are adjusted. In MS Word it is very simple to insert a cross-reference anywhere in the text to make a link to a specific line in the same text. In TextMaker NX the same option should be available, but apparently it requires pre-generated bookmarks to see anything in the pannel. MS Word replaces the invisible bookmark code with the list number. When items are added to the list, the Cross-referencing line numbers are even corrected.
Attachments
adding Cross-references in TextMaker NX.jpg
adding Cross-references in MS Word.jpg
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing the further details with screenshots. I have forwarded this improvement suggestion.

Return to “BETA TextMaker 2024 for Mac”