Another Strange Extra Step Thing.

Hook

Another Strange Extra Step Thing.

Post by Hook »

This is also about importing CSV files as in my other thread.

In Planmaker 2021, when I imported my CSV file, made my changes and went to "Save As" it would offer to save it in xlsx format, which is what i always want from "Save As"

Now, in PM 2024, it offers me csv and I have to open the dropdown and find xlsx. This despite having xlsx selected as default save in settings.

Now maybe you think this is more proper (I would disagree), but Textmaker 2024 doesn't do this. If I open a text file, edit and go to "Save As" it will always offer docx.
Devonboy78

Re: Another Strange Extra Step Thing.

Post by Devonboy78 »

Planmaker 2024 NX is not the only programme which automatically assumes that if you open a CSV file and go to Save As option then you will want to save as CSV and thus if you want to save it as, say, an XLSX file, you will have to select it from a dropdown list. Libre Office 7.5.3.2 does exactly the same as does Open Office 7.4.0 and both of these claime to be fully compatible with MS Office. However since, as you say, Planmaker 2021 selects the default file type chosen by the user so hopefully the development team may be able to modify Softmaker Office 2024 NX to assume the default file type will be first choice when Save As is selected.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

We had many requests to save CSV files as CSV. It's hard to please everyone :)
Hook

Post by Hook »

miguel-c wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 3:34 pm We had many requests to save CSV files as CSV. It's hard to please everyone :)
Haha No doubt. Maybe there could be a simple setting: "Save As defaults to:
[ ] Same file type
[ ] Default file type

It's not a big deal, but would be nice to have the setting.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

Thanks, I have forwarded your suggestion...

Return to “BETA PlanMaker 2024 for Windows”