SmartChat

Devonboy78

SmartChat

Post by Devonboy78 »

Just tried out SmartChat on filler text in Beta Softmaker Office 2024 (rev S1111.0529) 64bit.
On a new document I typed =rand() to generate filler text, selected the generated text and asked SmartChat to summarize it
The result came back almost immediately and reads

The text describes a fictional place called "Letterville" where dummy texts live without punctuation. One particular dummy text named Lorem Ipsum decides to venture out into the wider world of grammar despite warnings of evil punctuation.

Very impressed on my first use. Will experiment with other functions of SmartChat later.
Devonboy78

Re: SmartChat

Post by Devonboy78 »

Asked SmartChat to produce a medium length story with topic Which is better, Microsoft Word or Softmaker Textmaker. The result, in under 30 seconds, was 251 words long with the conclusion

In conclusion, both Microsoft Word and Softmaker Textmaker are excellent word processing software options. The choice ultimately depends on the user's needs and preferences. It is recommended to try out both programs and determine which one works best for individual needs.

Asked to write a story on Which is better, Softmaker Office or Microsoft Office? the story was 851 words long and when summarized SmartChat produced this

Softmaker Office and Microsoft Office are two popular office productivity software suites. Microsoft Office is more widely used and comprehensive, but Softmaker Office is more affordable, available on more platforms, and compatible with Microsoft Office file formats. The choice between the two depends on individual needs and preferences.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

A very intelligent reply! :lol:
mjs_28s

Post by mjs_28s »

I just used it twice with different prompts and got no story back but my characters remaining went down both times!

This has not been a good beta for me. Each time I go into test it, including using the very feature that they are marketing, I get no results.

<update>

Just now did it again, with the same prompts as before and text showed up.

I hope that in full release that there isn't a character limit that might be reduced when no writing appears, like for me two out of four times.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

mjs_28s wrote: Fri Jun 02, 2023 5:35 pm I just used it twice with different prompts and got no story back but my characters remaining went down both times!

This has not been a good beta for me. Each time I go into test it, including using the very feature that they are marketing, I get no results.

<update>

Just now did it again, with the same prompts as before and text showed up.

I hope that in full release that there isn't a character limit that might be reduced when no writing appears, like for me two out of four times.
I reported this to the developers, thanks

Return to “BETA TextMaker 2024 for Windows”