Create new Default Template

ricq

Create new Default Template

Post by ricq »

Having difficulty creating a new default template. I opened the Normal Template, changed font and size, saved it as ".tmvz" file with different name, and it shows up in the template list when I select File>New. However, nothing has changed from the Normal template when I click the new template.
Any suggestions welcome
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Create new Default Template

Post by miguel-c »

Make sure you open the one for your language
1. File | Open
2. Browser for Documents\SoftMaker\TextMaker NX templates\
3. Open the correct languague
4. Make your changes
5. Save
dlezo@hotmail.com

Post by dlezo@hotmail.com »

Miguel, changing templates is something VERY important that I believe should be on the website or as a Superpost in the forum. Many users including myself were never aware of templates and by changing the main template to the setting we like such as font, zoom, spacing, etc, any new documents we open will inherit those settings automatically.
Devonboy78

Post by Devonboy78 »

ricq wrote: Mon May 15, 2023 4:56 pm Having difficulty creating a new default template. I opened the Normal Template, changed font and size, saved it as ".tmvz" file with different name, and it shows up in the template list when I select File>New. However, nothing has changed from the Normal template when I click the new template.
Any suggestions welcome
I have found that as long as you click on the position of the text cursor at the beginning of the page BEFORE you change the font and/or size then save it as 'your name'.tmvz, then when you create a new file using that template, you should find the new font/size, etc is applied. Not clicking on the text cursor before changing the font often leads to no apparent change when saving the new template
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

dlezo@hotmail.com wrote: Wed May 17, 2023 6:29 pm Miguel, changing templates is something VERY important that I believe should be on the website or as a Superpost in the forum. Many users including myself were never aware of templates and by changing the main template to the setting we like such as font, zoom, spacing, etc, any new documents we open will inherit those settings automatically.
Indeed. It's been here on the Tips and Tricks page:
https://www.softmaker.com/en/tips-textmaker
ricq

Post by ricq »

Thanks to all for the solution, especially Devonboy78 for that critical detail!

Return to “BETA TextMaker 2024 for Windows”