Small translation issues in Textmaker (version 1108) with no apparent cause-No crash.

petmezas

Small translation issues in Textmaker (version 1108) with no apparent cause-No crash.

Post by petmezas »

I am using document files in Textmaker (version 1108). They have been created and saved in doc, docx (Softmaker 2021) and odt (OpenOffice 7) formats and I want to test the ‘Review>Translation’ (deepl module) translating from language automatically detected > language Greek.

I have two files opened:
One is a German text (‘language’ marked as German) with tables in a odt (openoffice swriter) file.
I copy a part of the text and/or table to the second (format: docx) file with text in Greek (‘language’ marked as Greek) and I ask in the second file to be translated in Greek.
It is usually done correctly.

But sometimes (with no apparent reason at all) the program refuses to translate!
Practical WORKAROUNT: I make sure that in the second docx file the copied German text has the ‘language’ explicitly marked as German. Now tt is translated

Another shortcoming (once again it only happens sometimes and with no apparent reason at all)
I copy a table (or text with table) from the odt file using Control-C or Home>Copy and paste in the docx file with CNTR-P or Home-Paste. NOTHING HAPPENS!!!
Practical WORKAROUNT: File>Save everything/ Exit/ Open both files again. Now it works!

S.P.
raitis.veksejs
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Small translation issues in Textmaker (version 1108) with no apparent cause-No crash.

Post by raitis.veksejs »

To start an investigation of any problem the base rule for us is to work out a test case that can be reproduced. That means it would be very recommended to provide a sample file and description of what you do until a problem occurs. There could be also helpful screen recordings and/or screenshots.

You should understand that a non-reproducible problem is almost the same as a non-existing.

Return to “BETA TextMaker 2024 for Windows”