Spellchecking

KrzysAU

Spellchecking

Post by KrzysAU »

The good news: Polish spellchecking is on from the start.
The bad news: Heaps of another languages spellchecking are available now, surely it costs memory, see the attached screenshot.
I found that there is no way to remove ones not to be used by clicking on them, perhaps there should be an option of marking and removing the ones unlikely to be used? Like selecting the ones and having right side 'remove' option.
Screenshot 2023-04-24 16.17.36.png
el48tel

Re: Spellchecking

Post by el48tel »

Yes I've noticed that many "choices" or "options" lists by default have most tick boxes checked. I agree. Not a good Idea.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your post. Spellchecker requires very small files to work, which don't cost much of the storage.

This is a fully featured complete office suite and for such very minor storage we shouldn't compromise user experience.
el48tel

Post by el48tel »

Just a polite question. Not a loaded one. But why is the default "on" rather than "off"?. Why not let the user choose?
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

It adds extra complication to the setup process which should be as easy as possible for the user, with as few questions and decisions as possible.

You can delete any dictionaries you don't need.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
el48tel

Post by el48tel »

martin-k wrote: Fri Apr 28, 2023 6:35 pm It adds extra complication to the setup process which should be as easy as possible for the user, with as few questions and decisions as possible.

You can delete any dictionaries you don't need.
OK I accept your opinion. I'm an "opt in" rather than "opt out" guy.
KrzysAU

Post by KrzysAU »

I tried deleting the dictionaries, but was unable to. On the dictionaries list, there is no 'Delete'. Still on the subject, Russian (Moldavian) is installed but the Russian (I believe Russian Russian) is not. I had it to manually install it.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

1. Downloaded Hunspell dictionaries are in %appdata%\SoftMaker\Hunspell
2. Other are in c:\Program Files\SoftMaker Office NX beta\spell\

Return to “BETA TextMaker 2024 for Windows”