Styles list

seasidepb

Styles list

Post by seasidepb »

The styles sidebar is crammed full of styles I didn't create, and which make it harder to pick out what I want. But if I then click on "manage styles" the dialogue lists only the styles I have created or modified, so I can't see a way of deleting the clutter. I've checked back and this isn't a problem in SMO 2021.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Styles list

Post by martin-k »

These are the built-in styles of TextMaker (same as in Microsoft Word). There is a dropdown at the bottom of the sidebar that lets you switch to the styles used in the document.

BUT: The default setting of TextMaker is not to show all potential styles. "Styles in document" is the default.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
seasidepb

Post by seasidepb »

That's useful to know, but strange because I hadn't touched the default setting (and have never had cause to look at that dropdown).
I'd add more generally that when I first saw the list of changes in the new version I thought "is that it?" But as I've been using it I've appreciated the refinements. It's a problem of success really, because I think the UI is the best on the market, so you don't want to mess with it too much, but because it mostly looks the same it's easy to think not much has changed.
So far at least, using the latest release version of Win11, all seems to be working.
raitis.veksejs
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by raitis.veksejs »

Thank you for your feedback! I have forwarded it to our product management team.
GuernseyMan

Post by GuernseyMan »

There seems to be a lot of styles and it would be nice to be able to just get rid of a lot of them.

If I want "HTML Code" style then I'm quite capable of creating one.

Basically if deleting a style doesn't cause something else to break I should be able to delete it.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by martin-k »

These styles don't exist until you actually use them. These are built-in styles that are "suggestions" and created on demand, just like in Microsoft Word.

Don't display "All styles" but "Styles in document" (which is the default) if you want the list of actually used styles.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH

Return to “BETA TextMaker 2024 for Windows”