still no scaled printing

HumboldtSteve

still no scaled printing

Post by HumboldtSteve »

I do a lot of document editing including track changes and adding comments on the sides. MS Word lets me print both the tracked changes and scale the files for printing the text and comments on letter paper. I'd hoped the new TextMaker would add one or both of those but neither is in the Beta.
Hook

Re: still no scaled printing

Post by Hook »

HumboldtSteve wrote: Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:42 am I do a lot of document editing including track changes and adding comments on the sides. MS Word lets me print both the tracked changes and scale the files for printing the text and comments on letter paper. I'd hoped the new TextMaker would add one or both of those but neither is in the Beta.
Textmaker 2021 already does this. The buttons to select print with track changes and/or comments are in the Print Preview UI.
HumboldtSteve

Post by HumboldtSteve »

That button (which is fairly well hidden) only shows comments, not tracked changes, and the comments don't print on the same page since its won't scale.
HumboldtSteve

Post by HumboldtSteve »

Okay, I found the hidden button to print changes, but TextMaker still needs print scaling. My 20 year old version of MS Word has it.
Hook

Post by Hook »

HumboldtSteve wrote: Fri Apr 07, 2023 5:28 am Okay, I found the hidden button to print changes, but TextMaker still needs print scaling. My 20 year old version of MS Word has it.
I guess I don't understand what you mean by scaling. If I select those buttons, I can print my pages on 8.5" x 11" paper and the page will show the tracked changes with the comments and it all fits on the page. I was assuming that was scaling... sizing the output so that even the comments off to the side are included.
HumboldtSteve

Post by HumboldtSteve »

If you add comments to a document, they only print on the same page as the document if you scale it down. In Word, you can specify that you want the document scaled so the entire document will print on 8.5x11 paper. You can't do this (at least easlily) in textmaker.
Hook

Post by Hook »

HumboldtSteve wrote: Mon Apr 24, 2023 3:29 am If you add comments to a document, they only print on the same page as the document if you scale it down. In Word, you can specify that you want the document scaled so the entire document will print on 8.5x11 paper. You can't do this (at least easlily) in textmaker.
For me, it does it automatically when I select to include comments in printing, even in Textmaker 2021. If you have both Word and Textmaker at home and word is doing it and Textmaker is not, then I'm baffled. If you don't have both (maybe you have Textmaker at home and Word at work), I would suspect a problem with printer settings.
raitis.veksejs
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by raitis.veksejs »

It would be much better if you attached an actual sample file and showed exactly what is not as good as you want or what is worse than, for example, MS Word. A screen recording or screenshots would also allow us to better understand the problem or your desired functionality.

Return to “BETA TextMaker 2024 for Windows”