Hyphenation

Cuniculus

Hyphenation

Post by Cuniculus »

Textmaker is having a problem deciding whether it should automatically hyphenate a word or not; each new keystroke in the paragraph makes it change its mind (leading to the position of the text constantly changing, until another, harder hyphenation intervenes). Textmaker, however, even after this, adds/removes the hyphenation as typing continues.
Devonboy78

Re: Hyphenation

Post by Devonboy78 »

I can't replicate that action either on a full width page or in a text frame. I'm using TextMaker NX Universal - Beta (rev S1110.0427) 64bit. In the Help on hyphenation, there is a possible clue
'All you have to do is make sure that you have set the correct language because hyphenation will naturally produce incorrect results if, for example, you have an English text separated according to German hyphenation rules.'

Setting the default language

Usually, it is sufficient to set the default language with the ribbon command File | Options. The spell check, hyphenation and thesaurus are usually always based on the default language.
I don't know if that will help solve your problem
Cuniculus

Post by Cuniculus »

Language set to English (United States). The word breaks in the right place, when it does; so the problem is not faulty hyphenation. It just seems that the program cannot make its mind up as to whether the word should be broken or not, and each keystroke afterwards in the same paragraph either causes the hyphen to be inserted and the word to break over the line, or to reverse the process. It's a puzzle.
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi »

Do I get this right that, when you are writing on at the end of the paragraph, hyphenation in the lines before changes?
Cuniculus

Post by Cuniculus »

Yep. I can send a video if you would like.
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Post by Jossi »

Could you attach a video here? Otherwise, please send it to forum(at)softmaker.com with reference to this thread.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

Someone sent an email about a video to forum(at)softmaker.de, but no attachment was included.

Please use the free software screntogif (screntogif.com) instead, as it generates small GIF files that can be uploaded here
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

I watched the video and understood the problem, but I can't reproduce it.
Could you please post here the TextMaker document (or part of it, as long has it has the problem too)?
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

After some attempts, I was able to reproduce the issue and reported it to the developers.
Cuniculus

Post by Cuniculus »

Thanks for the update, MIguel. /A.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

The issue has been fixed and the fix will be included in the next beta.

Return to “BETA SoftMaker Office 2024 for Windows (general)”