Incredibly slow saving times

Adam Banks

Incredibly slow saving times

Post by Adam Banks »

Hello to all in the Beta forum!

This "bug" isn't specifically related to the BETA - it's been like this for a good few years now ...

*All* my Softmaker apps seem to take forever to save documents ... sometimes over 30secs ... often longer. This is regardless of whether it's a full (new) save or a (quick) save-as after a minor edit.

Sometimes, when saving, the screen display goes weird as the fonts get re-drawn.

All this sounds relatively trivial - but it gets quite annoying after extended use. I still (occasionally) use Apache Open Office - and that doesn't have such a slow save.
dikiyvolk

Re: Incredibly slow saving times

Post by dikiyvolk »

Hi Adam,

I have never had this problem, not during last year using SoftMaker Office Professional 2021 on linux and windows and not with the current beta. I suppose it is an external "factor" like the antivirus if you have one installed (put SoftMaker in the white list could help) or the network if files are not local.

Best regards
Walter
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your post. Please share a screen recording of your problem and sminfo.txt file.
Adam Banks

Post by Adam Banks »

I'm pleased to report that the problem has gone. 8-) 8-) 8-) =D>

Setting Defender exclusions did the trick (unless it happened ro be fixed in the latest beta by pure coincidence :lol:

Many thanks!

Return to “BETA SoftMaker Office 2024 for Windows (general)”