Can't open file with password

dmendesf

Can't open file with password

Post by dmendesf »

I have a PDF file with a password. I can open it with the free version of Adobe PDF (reader) by typing the password as the file is opened. When I try to open the same file with FreePDF2022 (latest version, 3.0.8 Win) it prompts for the password but cannot open it (says "not recognized - try again). Has anyone seen something like that?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Can't open file with password

Post by SuperTech »

Please share the file with which you are facing this problem. If your file is private, please send it to forum[at]softmaker.com with the link of this post.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing the file. I have forwarded it to our developer team for further analysis...
dmendesf

Post by dmendesf »

Thank you!
dmendesf

Post by dmendesf »

So, any news about my file?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Currently, we don't have any news, whenever we will have any news, we will update you here...
dmendesf

Post by dmendesf »

Does FlexiPDF 2022 opens my file? (Haven't tried). If so i would like to buy it.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Unfortunately, with FlexiPDF also, we are unable to open your file. Seems, it's corrupted at some level and impossible to open with FlexiPDF/FreePDF.
dmendesf

Post by dmendesf »

What's interesting is that it opens OK in Acrobat Reader. There's more: in Brazil since the start of the pandemic all utilities bills moved from snail mail to PDFs with passwords associated with your personal identification number. They don't use the full number, just a part of it. Every utility company decided to use a DIFFERENT part of it (4 first digits for one, last 5 five to other...) making a pain to store the bills for later retrieval (as you must remember WHAT PART of the number was the password). I hoped to use softmaker tools (free or paid - price is very fair) to strip the password from the file before archiving. All bills from different utilities refuse to open with FreePDF but open OK with Acrobat reader so I think some shenanigans are at play....

Return to “FreePDF 2022”