Saving to external drive

arudy53

Saving to external drive

Post by arudy53 »

I opened a text from an external USB drive connected to my iPad Air, edited it, and then tried to save it to the same drive (formatted as exFAT). The Save operation seemingly works, but actually nothing gets saved and TextMaker keeps asking on exit whether I want to save the text. Saving to any folder on the actual iPad works fine.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Saving to external drive

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. I am able to reproduce it and forwarded the details to our developer team for further investigation.
piotrpiano

Post by piotrpiano »

I was going to make a post about it but I see the problem has been already reported.

Just to add: it also concerns saving to network locations (Qnap NAS in my case) and it seems to be application related. What I mean is, when I try to save an edited file by means of iOS's built in sever connection (or FE File Explorer), the behavior looks just as described in previous post. When I use the Transmit app to open and close, remote saving works just fine.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Our developer team have fixed the problem and the solution will be included in the next update of Beta.

Return to “TextMaker 2021 for iOS”