.csv export

ricky_f

.csv export

Post by ricky_f »

I am exporting a spreadsheet as a .csv file. Options used are the default, with the exception of the character set where I use UTF-8 w/o BOM. I'm then feeding the .csv to another programme with the view to create a .vcf file. This works... mostly.

Problem is that some fields in the original spreadsheet contain themselves commas, in which case the export code should put the field contents into "..." (as it correctly does for fields with \n).

It doesn't and that of course breaks the import into the other programme. I can change the export options so that all content is always put into "..." but this is clearly not the way the export should work.
raitis.veksejs
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: .csv export

Post by raitis.veksejs »

Could you please send us a sample file to forum@softmaker.com? We have to reproduce the problem to proceed with any answer.
ricky_f

Post by ricky_f »

Sorry for the delay, was away from keyboards for a while.

As to a "sample file", just start planmaker with an empty file, add "test" (w/o the quotes) in A1 and a "test,test" (again, no quotes) in B1 and export this "spreadsheet" as .csv as described in my OP. The .csv export should enclose the contents of B1 in quotes (as the text contains a comma which is the default separator) but it doesn't. This breaks importing that .csv into other apps.

(Note: I would have thought the description in my OP was clear enough to recreate the problem. Apparently not.)
raitis.veksejs
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by raitis.veksejs »

I reproduced the problem and reported it to our developers' team. Thank you for reporting this issue!
raitis.veksejs
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by raitis.veksejs »

Our developer team has solved the problem and the fix will be delivered to the customers with the next update of SoftMaker Office Beta.

Return to “FreeOffice PlanMaker 2021 for Linux”