Filename not showing at top of window

wbrells

Filename not showing at top of window

Post by wbrells »

Folks,

I just noticed that the name of the file being edited is not showing at the top of the TextMaker window (that is, directly above the File/Home/Insert/... bar.) I'm using the Ribbon interface and there is just a blank gray line where the filename would normally be displayed. Other than this missing name, TextMaker is working fine.

Any thoughts/comments would be appreciated!

Wayne
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Filename not showing at top of window

Post by martin-k »

Please post a screenshot.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
wbrells

Post by wbrells »

Attached is a docx file with a screen capture showing the problem. Notice that there is no filename at the top left of the image...

Wayne
Attachments
MissingFilename.docx
(65.76 KiB) Downloaded 140 times
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing the screenshot. Please update your FreeOffice to the latest revision and check.

If the problem still occurs, please share your sminfo.txt file, which you can generate by clicking on '?' > About > Write system information.

Also, please let us know complete details of your Linux operating system like Linux version, which windows manager you are using etc. so that we can investigate this issue further.
wbrells

Post by wbrells »

I downloaded and installed the latest version of FreeOffice for Linux (softmaker-freeoffice-2021_1044-01_amd64.deb) but the filename is still missing. I'm confused about how to create the sminfo.txt file. What/where is the "?" option in the instructions '?' > About > Write System Information?

My copy of FreeOffice is running as a Linux application on a recently-obtained Chromebook. I believe that Chromebooks use the Debian version of Linux, but I don't know any more details. Sorry.

Wayne
stascheit

Post by stascheit »

The ? icon is on the top right of the TextMaker window.
Click on this icon to open a menu, where you can find the "About" entry.
wbrells

Post by wbrells »

Thanks for the clarification on the '?' icon! I've attached the sminfo.txt file - hope it helps determine why the filename is missing...

Wayne
Attachments
sminfo.txt
(95.29 KiB) Downloaded 141 times
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing sminfo.txt file. I have forwarded the details to our developer team for further investigation on this problem.

Return to “FreeOffice TextMaker 2021 for Linux”