interface settings

General questions and answers about FreeOffice 2021 for Linux. Don't post application-specific questions here, but in the appropriate subforum.
profe_miguel

interface settings

Post by profe_miguel »

I just installed FreeOffice2021 and went about setting it up. The icons and menu were very small for my old eyes, so under Tools I found Options with the option to scale the presentation. I did so, trying Large first and, when that didn't seem to do anything, Extra Large. I closed the program and reopened as suggested and got a screen with enormous icons and letters. When I went back to Options it opened a screen with only part of the page visible, no way to reduce it, and no way to close it other than by shutting down completely.

I removed the program from my system, rebooted, and installed again. The same distorted scale came up with the same unusable Options page. I uninstalled again using the command line. There was a message that the /usr/share/freeoffice2021/mime director was not removed because there it was not empty. I went in and emptied it, then removed it. Reboot. Install again and again the distorted scale. Obviously some file somewhere remembers my mistake. But what is it? And how do I get rid of it so I can install cleanly?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: interface settings

Post by SuperTech »

Please rename Home/SoftMaker/Settings folder and then start FreeOffice application again.

Return to “FreeOffice 2021 for Linux (General)”