32-Bit?

General questions and answers about FreeOffice 2021 for Linux. Don't post application-specific questions here, but in the appropriate subforum.
Woody44

32-Bit?

Post by Woody44 »

I have been given an old (circa 2005) laptop computer that wasn't running. The CPU is a Pentium M chip, which only supports 32-bit. I have replaced the RAM modules, increasing the RAM all the way to a mind-boggling 2 GB, which is the maximum the motherboard will support. I have been able to get the computer running under a 32-bit distro of Debian Linux.

My goal when I received this old machine as (and still is) to fix it up enough so that I can give it to the pastor at my church to pass along to some elderly or very poor person who can't afford a computer. In order for it to be useful, I think it needs at least an office suite, an e-mail client, and a PDF reader.

The web page for FreeOffice says it is available for 64-bit Linux. No 32-bit? I think FreeOffice is better and more Microsoft Office-like than LibreOffice, which installed as part of the Linux distro, but if FreeOffice isn't available in a 32-bit version then I can't use it to replace LibreOffice.

If the current version of FreeOffice isn't available in 32-bit, are any previous editions available that will run under 32-bit Debian?

Thank you.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: 32-Bit?

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your post and for considering FreeOffice, but I am sorry to inform you, there is no FreeOffice version available now for 32 bit.

Return to “FreeOffice 2021 for Linux (General)”