USB Install?

General questions and answers about FreeOffice 2021 for Linux. Don't post application-specific questions here, but in the appropriate subforum.
Woody44

USB Install?

Post by Woody44 »

Windows 10 will reach end-of-life in a little more than two years (October 2025). I own multiple computers, NONE of which meet the hardware requirements to run Windows 11. And I can't afford to buy new computers just because Microsoft decided to deprecate their operating system.

Consequently, I may find myself migrating to some flavor of Linux and, in preparation, I am planning to download a few of the most likely candidates and install them on USB sticks for evaluation. Most of the candidates include LibreOffice, but I'd prefer to test using FreeOffice, since I have the paid version of SoftMaker Office on my primary computers. If I am running Linux (for example, Linux Lite, if it matters) from a USB stick, can I install FreeOffice on the USB stick along with Linux?
raitis.veksejs
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: USB Install?

Post by raitis.veksejs »

Hello, Woody44

if you will get the Linux operating system installed properly on USB stick, you can install also our SoftMaker Office (FreeOffice) inside of it. You just need an active internet connection in your operating system to be able to activate SoftMaker Office (FreeOffice).

Installation of FreeOffice or SoftMaker Office from licensing side counts as installation on one device.

Return to “FreeOffice 2021 for Linux (General)”