De-activation

General questions and answers about FreeOffice 2021 for Linux. Don't post application-specific questions here, but in the appropriate subforum.
tlmiller

De-activation

Post by tlmiller »

So, I bought a new T14s Gen3 AMD. Since I'm at my license limit for simultaneous installations of Softmaker Office, I want to DE-activate my license on my T14 Gen1 AMD (already uninstalled and installed freeoffice instead) so that I can register my FreeOffice install. I deleted my ~/.Softmaker directory after uninstalling the full Softmaker Office, but upon installing FreeOffice it went through initial setup, but I don't have the option to put in a license key, thus my thinking that it's still seeing the registration for SoftMaker Office on this machine.

Any way to ensure that the license has been removed from here so that I can install it to my Gen3 when it arrives?

If it matters, my install is based on Debian 11 w/ Plasma desktop, but is a bit of a FrankenDebian as I have backports pinned to 500 priority (same as Bullseye, so all backports that are available are installed), and then I have KDE software pinned to SID/Experimental to be able to have the 5.25.x releases there.
tlmiller

Re: De-activation

Post by tlmiller »

Continued working on it, and got it resolved myself. Re-uninstalled, redeleted the Softmaker directory, but then also did a find on the entire filesystem. Deleted some directories from /etc and /usr/. After reinstalling freeoffice again, it correctly allows me to put in a freeoffice key!

Return to “FreeOffice 2021 for Linux (General)”