CTRL+fullstop faulty

SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: CTRL+fullstop faulty

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing the file. I have checked your file and found that in your file, you didn't select the date format.

As you can see in the attached screenshot, the format of cell B3 is "Default".
No date format selected.JPG
Klaas Vaak

Post by Klaas Vaak »

I made another test file (attached), empty too except for 1 cell filled with today's date. The cell is formatted YYYY-MM-DD, which should result in 2022-07-20.
It still results in 22-07-20.
date-test.xlsx
(5.81 KiB) Downloaded 131 times
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing this updated file. I have forwarded all the details to our developer team for further investigation.
Klaas Vaak

Post by Klaas Vaak »

Well, well, I just discovered that this is not a bug, or perhaps it is.

To insert the current date with a keyboard shortcut on a Mac, the manual says to use CTRL+full stop, which does not work.
However ……… CTRL+comma DOES work!

So, as far as I am concerned this issue is resolved, and I will mark it as such. As far as Softmaker is concerned, it is your decision whether it is a bug, or is changing the manual good enough.

Thanks for your patience - your manual set all of us on a wrong track.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: [SOLVED] CTRL+fullstop faulty

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for the information.
Klaas Vaak

Re: [SOLVED] CTRL+fullstop faulty

Post by Klaas Vaak »

Correction: this issue is NOT soved. CTRL+comma is copy cell above. Therefore, if in the cell above there is today's date, CTRL+comma will copy that.

I am disappointed you did not point this out to me, leaving me under the illusion this issue was solved.
I will not prursue this any further. If you are comfortable with this, that's fine by me.

I have deleted the word “solved” from the title.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

I have already forwarded all the details to our developer team, and they will investigate it. Whenever I will get any news about it, I will update you here.
stascheit

Post by stascheit »

Klaas Vaak wrote: Fri Jul 22, 2022 11:23 am To insert the current date with a keyboard shortcut on a Mac, the manual says to use CTRL+full stop, which does not work.
For me, the shortcut CTRL+full stop works on the MAC, it inserts the date.
But the manual says CMD+full stop (and that does not work and might be corrected in the manual).

In most cases it doesn't matter if CMD or CTRL are used for the predefined shortcuts in the MAC-Version (you can use Ctrl+V or CMD+V to paste, for example). But inserting the date seems to work only with CTRL.

Klaas, have you tried the different shortcuts CMD+full stop or CTRL+full stop?
Klaas Vaak

Post by Klaas Vaak »

@stascheit

Like I said, I am on a Mac, and at my end CTRL+full stop inserts a date, but without the full year. So for today it inserts 22-07-25 instead of 2022-07-25.
I have submitted a test file that shows what I mean.

CMD+full stop does not work at all, nothing happens. BTW, the manual does NOT say CMD+full stop, in the version that came with my installation it says on page 833 that it is CTRL+full stop - see attachment.
manual.png
manual.png (9.78 KiB) Viewed 6357 times
So, what you are telling me that the bug is on my side and I will have to live with it.
stascheit

Post by stascheit »

@Klaas
Yes I know, the original problem is the system date format, that is not working. I hope the developers can solve this.
I was only interested in the part with the shortcuts.

So although I think the manual is wrong, you found the right shortcut with Ctrl+full stop.
But the manual has two shortcut sections, one for Windows shortcuts and one for the Mac shortcuts.
I see CMD+full stop in the Mac shortcuts section and this seems to be a fault in the manual.

I will use another Softmaker communication channel to correct the manual at this point, so that we don't override the original problem in this thread.
Klaas Vaak

Post by Klaas Vaak »

@stascheit
OK, thanks for your help.

Return to “FreeOffice PlanMaker 2021 for Mac”