TextMaker can only text in English

MythHuang

TextMaker can only text in English

Post by MythHuang »

My TextMaker 2021 free can only text in English I want to use it at simplified Chinese could change some setting for make it up?
Woody44

Re: TextMaker can only text in English

Post by Woody44 »

Are you asking about entering simplified Chinese characters, or are you asking about typing in English (or some other language) and having TextMaker automatically translate it into simplified Chinese?
MythHuang

Post by MythHuang »

No I just wanna enter simplified Chinese words when in the software I change the type method to Chinese and try to typing but the result is no response
I can only use English to type English characters.
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

MythHuang wrote: Thu Mar 14, 2024 11:18 am No I just wanna enter simplified Chinese words when in the software I change the type method to Chinese and try to typing but the result is no response
I can only use English to type English characters.
How are you changing to Chinese? Are you using the MacOS to change the default keyboard to Simplified Chinese? Do you have a Simplified Chinese font installed on the computer?
MythHuang

Post by MythHuang »

Yes I am using the Simplified Chinese input resources,but my MAC OS system language is English,and I also installed the Chinese font,May be I should change the system language to Chinese and try it again?
MythHuang

Post by MythHuang »

I just change my system language to Chinese and try again but seems still not working in TextMaker,The only way to input Chinese to it is typing the words in another place such as web browser and paste it to the software.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Please click on ribbon command File | Options | General tab | check the option “Extended support for Asian fonts” and click OK.
MythHuang

Post by MythHuang »

Hi I just try the method which you mentioned and it has worked thanks for your help.

Return to “FreeOffice TextMaker 2021 for Mac”