Only recognizes text hyperlinks

slycordinator

Only recognizes text hyperlinks

Post by slycordinator »

In PowerPoint and other similar software, objects in general (images, textboxes, etc) can contain a hyperlink.

But in Softmaker, if the object is something other than text, it's not possible to insert a link; the option in the "format" drop-down is grayed out. As well, when one opens a file that already has hyperlinks in non-text objects, it seems to ignore the links.

It would be nice to have the ability to recognize, use, and insert links on other types of objects.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Only recognizes text hyperlinks

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your post. Because hyperlink is an action and required while playing the slideshow, in Presentation we have taken care of this and added the hyperlink in the ribbon command Animation | Actions group | Actions button, or you can right-click on the object and then select the menu entry "Action" for the same result.

The hyperlink will work when you play the slideshow.
slycordinator

Post by slycordinator »

It seems that the links are handled differently than in PowerPoint during a presentation.

I have many PPTX files where on a main slide, there are objects (pictures, numbers, or letters) to choose from that each have a hyperlink to another slide (activated on click) and also a fade animation (which is also set to be activated on click).

In PowerPoint, if you click on one of those, it will go to the linked slide. Then the user clicks on an object with a link back to the original slide. Upon returning to the original slide, the fade animation happens and the original object disappears.

But when I open the same file in freeoffice, when I click on one of those same objects, the fade animation immediately plays and nothing happens with the hyperlink.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Please send your PPTX file in which you are getting this problem to forum[at]softmaker.com with the link of this post.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing the sample file. I am able to reproduce the issue and forwarded the details to our developer team.

Return to “FreeOffice Presentations 2021 for Windows”