setting print area and/or amending

beethoven

setting print area and/or amending

Post by beethoven »

I am having some issues with the process of printing the correct area in a spreadsheet. I have a file and the print-area has the bulk on page 1 with one
column on page 2. I found a setting for Define Print Area but this does not change the print-outcome. Clicking on print preview it appears my setting do
not stick.

Is there something else I need to do? Is there any option to drag the page breaks as required similar to other programs? At the moment I need to manually adjust each column so that the size of the page will fit - that seems clumsy.
stascheit

Re: setting print area and/or amending

Post by stascheit »

The option to drag the page breaks (similar to other programs) is only available in the paid version of SoftMaker, which offers a command called "Page break preview" that can be used to make these adjustments.

And you are right, the option "Define print range" cannot do this. This option is to be understood as follows: When a print range is defined, only the cells inside this cell range will appear when the worksheet is output on a printer. The rest of the sheet will be omitted.
beethoven

Post by beethoven »

Thank you Stascheit - it's a bit clumsy but I can make it work.

Is there any comparison as to which features are available in paid compared to free? I had a look on the site and found some overall
info but something specific like this was not mentioned.
stascheit

Post by stascheit »

A very detailed comparison can be found here:
www.softmaker.com/en/comparison-freeoff ... ker-office

The "Page break preview" function is also mentioned there.
beethoven

Post by beethoven »

many thanks
stascheit

Post by stascheit »

One more thing crossed my mind.
Although it is not possible in FreeOffice to drag the page breaks, the following is available:
Open the Page setup and switch to the Options tab. In the "Scaling options" section at the bottom, you can reduce the scaling. Or you can choose another scaling mode (Specify height and width in pages)
This will lead to the required result.

Return to “FreeOffice PlanMaker 2021 for Windows”