Date Display Problem

CapnCrunch

PlanMaker 2018 Excel Date format

Post by CapnCrunch »

@SuperTech "For English, this issue is not present in the latest revision. Are you using the latest revision? If yes, please share a screenshot and a sample file."
PlanMaker date format issue.jpg
PlanMaker date format issue.jpg (15.18 KiB) Viewed 4769 times
I have version rev F1042.1212 of FreeOffice which is the latest and this issue is still not resolved. All the dates in my Excel spreadsheet show as YYYY-MM-DD but every spreadsheet I open with PlanMaker is converted to DD-MM-YYYY. In fact, under "Date/Time", YYYY-MM-DD is not even an option!
The only way to fix it is to make it a Custom format which is of course nothing more than a work-around. YYYY-MM-DD should be an existing option under Date/Time!
This has been an ongoing issue for years now. Is nobody capable of fixing this bug once and for all?

PS It also does not include leading zeroes for the months and days like Excel
CapnCrunch

Date Display Problem

Post by CapnCrunch »

I posted this in the wrong area (Version 2018) but the problem is still there in 2022. Here is my other post
PlanMaker date format issue.jpg
PlanMaker date format issue.jpg (15.18 KiB) Viewed 4700 times
I have version rev F1042.1212 of FreeOffice which is the latest and this issue is still not resolved. All the dates in my Excel spreadsheet show as YYYY-MM-DD but every spreadsheet I open with PlanMaker is converted to DD-MM-YYYY. In fact, when I try to change the format under "Date/Time", YYYY-MM-DD is not even an option!
The only way to fix it is to make it a Custom format which is of course nothing more than a work-around. YYYY-MM-DD should be an existing option under Date/Time!
This has been an ongoing issue for years now. Is nobody capable of fixing this bug once and for all? Would seem like a minor issue to me.

Sometimes the date will also not convert at all using the Custom format as shown below. What is it with PlanMaker and dates?
Planmaker formatting 01.jpg
Planmaker formatting unchanged 02.jpg
Woody44

Re: Date Display Problem

Post by Woody44 »

CapnCrunch wrote: Sun Mar 06, 2022 1:59 am
I have version rev F1042.1212 of FreeOffice which is the latest and this issue is still not resolved. All the dates in my Excel spreadsheet show as YYYY-MM-DD but every spreadsheet I open with PlanMaker is converted to DD-MM-YYYY. In fact, when I try to change the format under "Date/Time", YYYY-MM-DD is not even an option!
This has been an ongoing issue for years now. Is nobody capable of fixing this bug once and for all? Would seem like a minor issue to me.
I had not encountered this, but CapnCrunch is correct. PlanMaker does not offer an option to format dates with the year first. Excel does ... and so does the Calc module in LibreOffice.

This needs to be corrected by SoftMaker. You really can't claim flawless compatibility with Microsoft Office when your spreadsheet doesn't recognize or offer a standard date format.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: PlanMaker 2018 Excel Date format

Post by SuperTech »

Please share the sample file in which you are getting this problem of date format conflict in PlanMaker vs Excel so that we can investigate it.

Please post your problems in appropriate forums only.
CapnCrunch

Post by CapnCrunch »

This is in the 2021 version of PlanMaker. Sorry for the confusion.
Don't think you need a sample file, just right click a cell, click Cell and Custom format.
Create a format YYYY-MM-DD hh:mm:ss and see that it generates the proper format in the display window.
However, the actual date in the spreadsheet will still show as DD-MM-YYYY hh:mm:ss (without the leading zeros in DD and MM!)
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

I have followed your instructions and here is the screen recording. Please check:
Date format problem.gif

Return to “FreeOffice PlanMaker 2021 for Windows”