Under Windows 11, typed text all blank

wbrells

Under Windows 11, typed text all blank

Post by wbrells »

I've recently installed FreeOffice TextMaker 2021 on two different Windows 11 systems used by neighbors. In both cases, all typed characters show up as blanks! (Interestingly, I see the red "squiggle" under what would show as incorrectly spelled words if everything wasn't blank.) I've tried different fonts and have configured a printer, but the text remains all blank. There doesn't seem to be a problem with PlanMaker - entered text show up fine.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Wayne
Woody44

Re: Under Windows 11, typed text all blank

Post by Woody44 »

If you can see the red squiggles to show where there's misspelled text, can you use the mouse to highlight a section of text? If so, then click the small triangle at the lower-right corner of the Character panel on the Home tab (ribbon menu). This will open the Character format dialogue box. In the left tab of that dialogue box, verify that font color is set to "Auto." If it is set to white (assuming you're using a white or very light color as the page background), obviously you won't see it.

If you have to change it, be sure to click the "Set as default" box at lower left before you click OK.
wbrells

Re: Under Windows 11, typed text all blank

Post by wbrells »

That was the problem! After setting font color to Auto and leaving the Background color as Transparent, the typed text appears in black by default.

Many thanks for providing a simple solution!

Wayne

Return to “FreeOffice TextMaker 2021 for Windows”