Sidebar question

Woody44

Sidebar question

Post by Woody44 »

I have an older version of FreeOffice on a USB memory stick. In that version, the TextMaker sidebar shows an outline view of the document, based on reading the headings and hierarchical subheadings in the document. This view is extremely useful in helping to navigate longer documents, such as book manuscripts.

The sidebar in TextMaker 2021 only offers to show the same menu of paragraph styles or character styles that I can already access through the menus. It's nowhere near as useful as the outline view in the older version.

Can you bring back the outline view, please?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Sidebar question

Post by SuperTech »

Thank you for your post, but outline is not included in FreeOffice and this feature is for commercial SoftMaker Office only.

If you want to try, you can download our 30 days trial of SoftMaker Office for free.
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

I already have SoftMaker Office 2024 Professional. But I write about FreeOffice. I have older versions that include some features (which I won't go into here) that are not included in the most recent version of FreeOffice. One of those is the outline sidebar. I completely understand the free version can't provide every feature offered in the paid versions, but taking away features when you release a new version of FreeOffice doesn't seem very user-friendly.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thank you for sharing feedback.

Return to “FreeOffice TextMaker 2021 for Windows”