Symbols, uppercase letters, 2+ document windows, bolding patterns

Adeckwatt

Symbols, uppercase letters, 2+ document windows, bolding patterns

Post by Adeckwatt »

Greetings to everyone!

First and foremost, I want to congratulate the programmers` team and Softmaker users with all the festive days... left behind, still ongoing or upcoming) And again I want to thank Softmaker team for making underlining of mistakes in TextMaker more explicit and visible than it was before, it looks herrlich now!)

Well, I continue using TextMaker on a daily basis intensively and hence notice some tiny little things about how TextMaker operates. These things are so minor I decided they can be posted in one topic, that won`t be a crime of mine hopefully.

So these are the points:

1. Various symbols, I tested horizontal bar (_), asterisk (*) and slash (/), can`t be selected in text by double click (unlike numbers and letters) no metter used single (_) or numerous (_____), so that`s not that convenient to deal with them.

2. The thing that really disappoints me is the inability of TextMaker to make an uppercase letter of a word following .?! which in turn follow a number. That is, I type something like "I`m 30. that`s a lot" and do not get "I`m 30. That`s a lot" automatically.

3. Another strange thing is the following. When I open more than one document in Textmaker, the second document and all the others are being opened not in fullscreen like the first one, but in a smaller window in the center of the screen (screenshot 1). It that supposed to be like that? I have to make it fullsize manually every time.

4. Finally, it seems to me I`ve found a bug with bolding text in certain circumstances.

For instance, I have some conversation like on the screenshot 2. (I used numbers on purpose, that`s not a real dialogue and I`m not that mad so far, but it works with words the same way.) Then I want to make bold the following selected lines (screenshot 2, left side). And on screenshot 2 on its right side you can see what I get after pressing Ctrl+B (variant 1). I think that should not be like that, should it? And there is another pattern with bolding another part of the conversation, see screenshot 3 (variant 2).

I hope you will find this piece of feedback helpful.
Attachments
bolding problem - variant 2
bolding problem - variant 2
bolding problem - variant 1
bolding problem - variant 1
opening 2+ documents
opening 2+ documents
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Symbols, uppercase letters, 2+ document windows, bolding patterns

Post by SuperTech »

Adeckwatt wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:38 pm So these are the points:

1. Various symbols, I tested horizontal bar (_), asterisk (*) and slash (/), can`t be selected in text by double click (unlike numbers and letters) no metter used single (_) or numerous (_____), so that`s not that convenient to deal with them.

2. The thing that really disappoints me is the inability of TextMaker to make an uppercase letter of a word following .?! which in turn follow a number. That is, I type something like "I`m 30. that`s a lot" and do not get "I`m 30. That`s a lot" automatically.

3. Another strange thing is the following. When I open more than one document in Textmaker, the second document and all the others are being opened not in fullscreen like the first one, but in a smaller window in the center of the screen (screenshot 1). It that supposed to be like that? I have to make it fullsize manually every time.
Thanks for your post. I have forwarded all these improvement suggestions to our product management.
Adeckwatt wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 8:38 pm For instance, I have some conversation like on the screenshot 2. (I used numbers on purpose, that`s not a real dialogue and I`m not that mad so far, but it works with words the same way.) Then I want to make bold the following selected lines (screenshot 2, left side). And on screenshot 2 on its right side you can see what I get after pressing Ctrl+B (variant 1). I think that should not be like that, should it? And there is another pattern with bolding another part of the conversation, see screenshot 3 (variant 2).
I am unable to reproduce this problem. Please share the complete details with steps involved and a screen recording.
Adeckwatt

Post by Adeckwatt »

SuperTech wrote: Sat Feb 04, 2023 11:55 am I am unable to reproduce this problem. Please share the complete details with steps involved and a screen recording.
Greetings, SuperTech!

Here is the video which I hope demonstrates the way bolding by Ctrl+B works when it comes to dialogues like in my example file (also included). As I see the case, the problem occurs when the first string of text which is going to be bolded consists of a few characters.
Attachments
tmdx format.tmdx
(12.63 KiB) Downloaded 102 times
bolding error mp4.mp4
(1.91 MiB) Downloaded 103 times
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing the screen recording and sample file. I am able to reproduce this problem now and forwarded the details to our developer team for further investigation.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Our developer team have fixed this problem and the solution will be included in the next service pack.
Adeckwatt

Post by Adeckwatt »

SuperTech wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 9:51 pm Our developer team have fixed this problem and the solution will be included in the next service pack.
That sounds great! I use FreeOffice TextMaker 2021 (rev F1062.0225) 32bit now, and the problem perseveres in it, just in case this information makes a difference for you.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for the information. I have checked again that the solution will be included in the next service pack.

Return to “FreeOffice TextMaker 2021 for Windows”