Format copying does not work properly

CapnCrunch

Format copying does not work properly

Post by CapnCrunch »

In the attached short video I am trying to copy the format of some paragraphs and apply it to a few other paragraphs. The paragraph spacing is set to 0 in the source text but after I use the Transfer formatting tool to copy the formatting to the text below, it only copies the font settings but not that of the paragraph spacing and perhaps other paragraph properties. This is a major hassle as I now have to go and change the paragraph spacing manually.
This formatting works fine in Word but apparently not in Textmaker. Is this by design or is this a bug.
Attachments
Textmaker - format copy does not work.mp4
(16.41 MiB) Downloaded 95 times
Jossi
SoftMaker Volunteers
SoftMaker Volunteers

Re: Format copying does not work properly

Post by Jossi »

If you select text with the mouse and then use the format brush, only character formatting will be transferred. If you select a whole paragraph by double-clicking in the left page margin, then select the format brush and double-click in the margin of another paragraph, character and paragraph formatting will be transferred.
stascheit

Re: Format copying does not work properly

Post by stascheit »

Or do the following, after selecting part of a text with the format you want to transfer and then clicking on the Format painter tool:
Press and hold the Ctrl key while dragging the mouse over the text to which you want to apply the formatting. Now both the character formatting and the paragraph formatting will be transferred.

Return to “FreeOffice TextMaker 2021 for Windows”