Visual smash when copy objects from one document to another.

Mexirony

Visual smash when copy objects from one document to another.

Post by Mexirony »

I have a Windows 10 computer with FreeOffice TextMaker 2021 installed successfully on it. If I open two different documents in two different TextMaker sessions and try to copy letters/words/paragraphs/figures (any object for that matter) from one file to the other, suddenly, the apparent projected image portrayed in the screen of the receiving document — where I intend to copy the text — falls/breaks apart miserably, deconfiguring letters, lines, paragraphs, sections; the whole document looks like smashed and wasted. Only happens on the receiving (to paste) document and not in the source (copy from) document. The two documents must be open and active to produce the error. If only the receiving document is active, the error does not manifest. Interestingly enough, the error is only apparent, as a visual bluff only. If I close that seemingly damaged document and open it again, everything is fine now, including the latest copied objects. It seems that it is only a visual trick that TextMaker performs on the screen but not a logical flaw in the software per se. It seems that TextMaker cannot handle visual refresh by having two active files when copying objects from one document to another. I cannot get rid of this problem no matter what, even using different computers, different FreeOffice TextMaker versions (i.e. 2018 or 2021). Any help would be very much appreciated.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Visual smash when copy objects from one document to another.

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for reporting this problem. I am unable to reproduce this issue in any of the version. Please share a screen recording for better understanding.

You can use any free screen recording tool like ScreenToGif etc.
Mexirony

Post by Mexirony »

Issue Solved! It is the Print Spooler service that has to be active in Windows. Copying objects from one active TextMaker document to another active TextMaker document smashes the visualization of the recipient document if Print Spooler is not running as active service. This is valid for Windows 10 at least. I haven't tested the issue with other Windows versions. So, the conclusion is that FreOffice TextMaker 2021 has a direct dependency on Print Spooler when copying objects. Just for the record.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

It's good to know that your problem is resolved. :thumbsup:

Return to “FreeOffice TextMaker 2021 for Windows”