Horizontal lines are not saved in HTML

GKnight

Horizontal lines are not saved in HTML

Post by GKnight »

I'm using FreeOffice TextMaker 2021 (rev F1036.1015). Long time MS Office user but recently switched to FreeOffice.

Sometimes I need to save some documents as HTML so they can be viewed in a web browser. I use horizontal lines quite a bit to make my docs easier to read. However, once the doc is saved as HTML, all horizontal lines are gone. What's strange about it, I can still see the lines in TextMaker but if I open the doc in a browser, the lines are not there. If I close TextMaker and re-open the doc, the lines are no longer showing.

This can be easily reproduced by creating a new document, adding horizontal lines and saving it as HTML. Just make sure to close the file and reopen.

Please help, this is a major show-stopper for me as I need to be have horizontal lines in my docs. I love TextMaker so far but can't use it like this.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Horizontal lines are not saved in HTML

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for posting your problem. Whenever you are creating an HTML file with objects like lines, it's also creating a folder with the same name containing objects, and you will have to keep that folder also with that file.

Did you copy that file to another location without that folder, or did you delete that folder? Please check and let us know.
GKnight

Post by GKnight »

SuperTech wrote: Sat Dec 25, 2021 1:59 pm Thanks for posting your problem. Whenever you are creating an HTML file with objects like lines, it's also creating a folder with the same name containing objects, and you will have to keep that folder also with that file.

Did you copy that file to another location without that folder, or did you delete that folder? Please check and let us know.
There's no such folder. Just double-checked to make sure. Created a new file with horizontal lines in it. Saved as HTML. Can see the lines until I close the doc. Once reopened, the lines are gone. And no lines when opening it in the web browser. The folder is not created, just the single file. Same if I save it as docx first and then open it and save it as HTML.

As a side note, I've been doing this in MS Word for many years. They have an option to save as "filtered HTML", meaning single file without the folder. Always worked fine for me - I end up with a single HTML file with horizontal lines.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Please check again for a folder with the same name as file. I have attached my HTML test file for your reference. Please extract this folder and then check the file.

If you are still getting this problem, please share a screen recording and your test file.
Attachments
HTML horizontal line test_files.zip
(898 Bytes) Downloaded 221 times
GKnight

Post by GKnight »

Checked and double checked - I don't have this folder (but I'm familiar with what the folder is for). I'm also attaching test1 file that I created (saved as HTML and docx so you can see there's line in docx but not in html). The line was added by simply doing Object -> New Horizontal Line (I use classic menu).

By looking at your doc, I see the line is not the same as in my doc. I opened it in TextMaker, and your line appears to be an object (as seen in its properties). I added another line as described above, and my line says "horizontal line" in its properties. I saved it as "HTML horizontal line test1.html". It created the folder this time, but my line is once again not saved, only your line is still there. I also saved it as docx and you can see both lines in this version. Attaching the entire zipped folder.
Attachments
HTML horizontal line test1.zip
(13.83 KiB) Downloaded 221 times
test1.zip
(11.45 KiB) Downloaded 214 times
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing the sample files. I was able to reproduce the problem now and forwarded the details to our developer team.
GKnight

Post by GKnight »

Hi, I'm wondering if there are any updates. Are there plans to have it fixed in an upcoming release?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for your time and patience. I didn't receive any update from our developer team. When I will get any news about it, I will inform you here.
GKnight

Post by GKnight »

I just wanted to follow up once again as it's been a while. Perhaps you can check with the development team to make sure they received your note and it wasn't forgotten about?

Return to “FreeOffice TextMaker 2021 for Windows”