FreeOffice 2021 quit working

General questions and answers about FreeOffice 2021 for Windows. Don't post application-specific questions here, but in the appropriate subforum.
Del

FreeOffice 2021 quit working

Post by Del »

I have been using FreeOffice 2021 for sometime without any issues. But now it won't run anymore. I uninstalled it and reinstalled it and it still won't run. Any suggestions?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: FreeOffice 2021 quit working

Post by SuperTech »

Please let us know what's happening when you start any of our app?

You can also rename \Documents\SoftMaker\Settings folder and then check.
Del

Post by Del »

I forgot to mention I am using Windows 11.

I have not really used Presentations program but do use the TextMaker and PlanMaker so had not tried opening Presentations before I renamed the Settings file as you suggested. I then tried opening TextMaker and PlanMaker and as previously happened I get the hourglass as though it was going to open the program but then nothing happens. I did try opening Presentations then and it did come up but since I hadn't tried it earlier it may have always worked. I also tried running TextMaker and PlanMaker as the administrator but that did not help either.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Del wrote: Wed Jan 24, 2024 3:42 pm I have not really used Presentations program but do use the TextMaker and PlanMaker so had not tried opening Presentations before I renamed the Settings file as you suggested.
Setting is not a file but a folder, which is in \Documents\SoftMaker folder. You can rename SoftMaker folder also.

If renaming SoftMaker folder with the combination of full reinstall (not repair) is not working, there can be some operating system level problem.
Woody44

Post by Woody44 »

You mentioned that you are running Windows 11. A couple of recent Windows 11 updates have been buggy. Try rolling back the last one or two updates, then try re-installing FreeOffice.

Return to “FreeOffice 2021 for Windows (General)”