No registration?

General questions and answers about FreeOffice 2021 for Windows. Don't post application-specific questions here, but in the appropriate subforum.
Woody44

No registration?

Post by Woody44 »

I used FreeOffice for a few years and then I moved up to the full SoftMaker Office Professional. I still recommend FreeOffice to friends who express an interest in migrating away from Microsoft. This afternoon I was at the home of my pastor, helping him with editing a book. He has a subscription to Microsoft 365, yet the file we needed to open (which was created in Word 2019) would only open in "View" mode, which does not allow editing.

The priest said he is not happy with Microsoft Office for other reasons, so I told him about FreeOffice and we downloaded it and installed it on his computer. It did not ask for any license or activation key, and I could not find any option in the menus for "register" or "activate." I believe when I first began to use FreeOffice I had to register my account and activate the software. Has that changed? Is it no longer necessary to activate the software?
stascheit

Re: No registration?

Post by stascheit »

After a few days (I think 10) the test phase for FreeOffice ends and you are prompted to request a free activation key.
Softmaker then sends the key to the requester's e-mail address.

Return to “FreeOffice 2021 for Windows (General)”