Using different email address for each FreeOffice 2021 installation per PC

General questions and answers about FreeOffice 2021 for Windows. Don't post application-specific questions here, but in the appropriate subforum.
smarty3010

Using different email address for each FreeOffice 2021 installation per PC

Post by smarty3010 »

Hello,
I have installed FreeOffice 2021 on my desktop computer. I have already got a dialogue box (prompt) to enter my email address. After entering my email address I got a product key to unlock FreeOffice for permanent free use on my email address.

Now, I have just installed FreeOffice 2021 on my laptop (another computer). I am soon expecting a dialogue box (prompt) to enter my email address. Do I have to enter a different email address for the installed FreeOffice 2021 on my laptop or entering the same email address for the installed FreeOffice 2021 on my desktop computer will be fine?

In another words, do I have to enter/use different email address for each FreeOffice 2021 installation per PC?

Thank you.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Using different email address for each FreeOffice 2021 installation per PC

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for using FreeOffice. If you are using FreeOffice for personal use, you can use the same product key on your laptop also.

You can use the same product key for up to 3 computers.
smarty3010

Post by smarty3010 »

Hello,
I am using FreeOffice for business use (It is stated on the website that FreeOffice is free for personal and business use). The desktop computer is used by me (rarely), my brother and my father for editing/creating some office documents. I use FreeOffice on my desktop computer for personal use while my brother and father uses it for business use. FreeOffice installed on the laptop is used by me alone for doing work from home.

So, do I have to enter another email address when there will be a dialogue box (prompt) on my laptop to enter email address?

Thank you.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

smarty3010 wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 7:52 am So, do I have to enter another email address when there will be a dialogue box (prompt) on my laptop to enter email address?
Yes, if you are using it for business purpose, please use different email address.
smarty3010

Post by smarty3010 »

@SuperTech Thank you very much for your reply.
smarty3010

Post by smarty3010 »

Hello,
Just a few additional questions:-
1. I am confirming that for every FreeOffice 2021 installation per PC which will be for business use, a different email address has to be used, am I right?

2. I have written in an above post that "I use FreeOffice on my desktop computer for personal use". Incase I use it for business use then is it ok?

Thank you.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Yes, that's also OK.
smarty3010

Post by smarty3010 »

SuperTech wrote: Fri Sep 08, 2023 2:22 pm Yes, that's also OK.
Thank you again SuperTech. I think the answer is for the 2nd question.

As for the first question, I think the question wasn't needed as it was implied by one of SuperTech's previous answer:
SuperTech wrote: Tue Aug 29, 2023 4:07 pm Yes, if you are using it for business purpose, please use different email address.
Thank you.

Return to “FreeOffice 2021 for Windows (General)”