activation on each run

General questions and answers about FreeOffice 2021 for Windows. Don't post application-specific questions here, but in the appropriate subforum.
iliask

activation on each run

Post by iliask »

I've installed free Softmaker office 2021 on a netbook with Windows 7 Starter edition 32bit.
I've got a free product key.
But on each run of textmaker and planmaker it asks me again to insert the product key.
What can I do ?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: activation on each run

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for posting your problem. Please open hidden folder C:\ProgramData\SoftMaker, rename file fo2021.lic and after that activate your FreeOffice.
iliask

Post by iliask »

Thanks for your answer. But unfortunately nothing worked.
It's windows 7 starter edition. There was no Softmaker folder in ProgramData. I created one myself and again it didn't work. I copied the licence file from another computer into the ProgramData Softmaker folder and again it didn't work. I think it has to do with the windows edition.
Is there anything else I can try ?
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Please show hidden and system files first, then you will be able to locate C:\ProgramData\SoftMaker folder.
iliask

Post by iliask »

Hello SuperTech and thanks for trying to help.
But the problem is not with hidden folders or system files. I can see all files (hidden and system) and there is no Softmaker folder in the ProgramData folder. I even created the Softmaker folder myself and nothing. Then I copied the license file from my desktop computer into that folder and nothing happened again.
The problem is something else. Perhaps it has something to do with the 32bit windows 7 starter edition.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

It seems that your security software (Antivirus/firewall) is blocking FreeOffice due to which it's unable to create this folder and the required files.

Return to “FreeOffice 2021 for Windows (General)”