Service pack installation

General questions and answers about FreeOffice 2021 for Windows. Don't post application-specific questions here, but in the appropriate subforum.
MerlinTG

Service pack installation

Post by MerlinTG »

I'm working on Windoze 10.
When I start either app of the freeoffice, I get the message that a service pack is available.
Of course I click on the 'yes' button to download the update.
The updater tries to download the service pack, but stops with an error and then declares the office suite to be up to date.
I'm still seeing revision F1036.1015 in the about window though... ???
Could you make it possible to manually download the service pack and install it when the auto-update fails?

Thanks.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Service pack installation

Post by SuperTech »

If you are getting any error in updating your FreeOffice and want to update it manually, you can download it from our website and install it over the existing installation.

This will not only update the current installation, but also will resolve this update related problem for future.
MerlinTG

Re: Service pack installation

Post by MerlinTG »

I allready solved the problem by uninstalling and redownloading the installation file of FreeOffice.
After I installed the redownloaded file the update went ok, but it would be handy to be able to just download the service pack and install that. Just like in Linux or on a Mac.

Thanks.

Return to “FreeOffice 2021 for Windows (General)”