Can't install FreeOffice2021

General questions and answers about FreeOffice 2021 for Windows. Don't post application-specific questions here, but in the appropriate subforum.
renansimoes

Can't install FreeOffice2021

Post by renansimoes »

Hello,

I downloaded FreeOffice 2021, but my Windows 10 can't install it. I also tried to force install in PowerShell and it gave me this window

After that I tried to install FreeOffice 2018 and had no problems with the installer.
martin-k
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Re: Can't install FreeOffice2021

Post by martin-k »

FreeOffice 2021 is not delivered as patch (.msp) but as an MSI installer (.msi).

Either you have not downloaded from the official address, or your download is broken. Please download only from the FreeOffice.com website.
Martin Kotulla
SoftMaker Software GmbH
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Hello.
I've had SoftMaker FreeOffice 2018 installed on my computer for some time now, on Windows 10.
I recently received an email from news[at]softmaker.com saying We now have a brand new version available: FreeOffice 2021 for Windows, Mac and Linux.
I went to the indicated website https://www.freeoffice.com/pt/ and downloaded the freeoffice2021.msi file. I tried it several times and I couldn't install it. The system does not give any occurrences. It simply does not install the program or open the installer.
How to solve this problem?
Last edited by Angelo on Tue Oct 26, 2021 11:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

It seems your downloaded file is broken. Please try to download it from the same official website but using a different web browser and then try to install.
Angelo

Post by Angelo »

Hi SuperTech, good morning.
I followed your suggestion and downloaded the installation file but unfortunately it didn't work. I used Mozila Firefox, Microsoft Edge and Google Chrome.
Thank you very much for your attention.
miguel-c
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by miguel-c »

The current download URL is https://www.softmaker.net/down/freeoffice2021.msi
If it doesn't work, your Windows might be damaged.
MarAlm

Post by MarAlm »

Hi, is there any solution for this problem that cannot install FreeOffice2021?
I follow early instructions on windows 11 and can't install. Try diferent browsers, download dozen times.
When I scan msi file with microsoft tool, it says the software is not compatible with windows 11. Than I ask tool to "fix" and still don't works.
I have a fresh windows 11 installed, full patched.
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for posting your problem. Please share a screenshot of the error for better understanding.
MarAlm

Post by MarAlm »

Hi there, thank you for the reply. If I double click to start instalation nothing happen. If i right click and choose install, nothing happen too.
When I click in "test compatibility" the follow screen appear saying the software is not compatible with windows 11 and ask for test software. When I click in test software, nothing happen too.
After I click in next, they say that have "fix incompatibility" and ask if I want to save the changes and try install. Even doing this, software don't install.
Attachments
Sem título.png
SuperTech
SoftMaker Team
SoftMaker Team

Post by SuperTech »

Thanks for sharing the screenshots, but we are unable to reproduce this problem. Please check if there is some operating system level problem in your computer. There are multiple utilities available to diagnose and fix these operating system level issues.

Please also check if you are using Windows 11 released version or Windows inside program.
MarAlm

Post by MarAlm »

This is the OS information, is a new dell vostro laptop.
Windows 11 Pro
22H2
Instalation date ‎17/NOV/‎2022
Compilation 22621.819
Experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22636.1000.0

Thank you for the feedbacks.

Return to “FreeOffice 2021 for Windows (General)”